Subject: Re: 'GENERIC' kernel build fails withou 'cardbus* at cardslot?'
To: David Laight <david@l8s.co.uk>
From: David Maxwell <david@vex.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/09/2002 11:26:45
On Mon, Dec 09, 2002 at 02:42:37PM +0000, David Laight wrote:
> The 'current' sources I picked up about 3 hours ago fail to build
> an i386 GENERIC kernel unless I reinstate the
> 	cardbus*	at cardslot?
> line in the config file.
>
> Failures seem to be:
> absence of rbus_pccbb_* and rbus_space_* in pccbb.o
> and cardbus_at/detach_card in cardslot.o

That was my fault. I had left that in originally, then removed it when
Krister pointed out there were no devices on the cardbus.

Restoring that line isn't the 'right' fix, but it's what I've done for
now. I don't see why the cardslot driver has to require it - that's the
real cleanup task.

Any sufficiently advanced Common Sense will seem like magic...
					      - me