Subject: Re: NVidia binary driver
To: <>
From: Quentin Garnier <netbsd-port-i386@quatriemek.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/09/2002 16:28:55
Le Mon, 9 Dec 2002 05:30:33 +0100
Andrzej Szeszo a écrit :
> Thursday, December 5, 2002, 11:34:07 PM, you wrote:
> > It's a bit complicated, but it's an early work. Code is ugly and not
> > likely to work on your system.
> I haven't looked at the code yet but your driver works on my computer.

That's good news.

> I've done it on 1.6 userland. Kernel and x11 was compiled from
> 2002.12.08 sources. The only problem I have encountered is that when I
> stop Xserver text-console becomes darker and darker making text
> unreadable. I must say that I have installed some FreeBSD 5.x snapshot

Yeah, I get the same here. Sometimes it also goes completely black.

> fault. I haven't commented out these lines:
> vga*          at pci? dev ? function ?
> pcdisplay0    at isa?                 # CGA, MDA, EGA, HGA
> wsdisplay*    at pcdisplay? console ?
>
> from config file so the first kernel I was trying was GENERIC with
> added these lines only:
> options                KVM86
> nvidia* at pci? dev ? function ?
> pseudo-device  nvidiactl

Actually, only the vga line was faulty. Either you comment it or you put
the nvidia line before it. Maybe I should force the match over vga by
returning 2 in the match function.

I plan to attach a wsdisplay on the nvidia device, but until then only
'vga0 at isa?' should be kept for the console, not the other one.

> Various files as attachments...

XFree86.0.log shows AGP 2X, I suppose you have the same problem I have, it
should be 4X ?

I'd like the output of xvinfo too, although I doubt it will be much better
than mine.

--
Quentin Garnier - cube@cubidou.net
"Feels like I'm fiddling while Rome is burning down.