Subject: linux emul & net config
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Germano Cesari <germano.cesari@tesoro.it>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/28/2002 18:02:11
Im trying to install either Mozilla 1.2 -or- Netscape 7.0 under linux
emulation on a NetBSD 1.6 box.

In both cases the installation procedure worked fine (and now I have
both of em under /emul/linux), now, when I start mozilla or Netscape I
get the error: "connection refused while contacting host: xyz.com"...

I already had this problem with Netscape 7.0, I thought installing
Mozilla 1.2/Linux would have provided a workaround for this, but seems
like the network access problem is not related to Netscape itself, but
more probably to the Linux emulation layer... Am I missing something in
order to make linux emulation correctly access the network???

Im currently using Mozilla 1.0 binary package for NetBSD and everything
works fine (but no plugins)... any ideas?

Germano