Subject: unrebootable compaq deskpro EN's
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Daniel Carosone <dan@geek.com.au>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/26/2002 09:17:39
Between myself and a couple of friends, we have several various
models of the Compaq Deskpro EN. These are small, very quiet desktop
machines, with P-II CPU's in the 350-450MHz range.

They work wonderfully, with one common problem across the lot: they
won't reboot. APM works, and will suspend/resume ok, and they will
poweroff, but if you issue a reboot(8) the machine shuts down and
does all the normal rebooting things, but when the actual reset
happens and the screen goes blank, they never come back.

No success so far playing with the (limited) BIOS options to affect
the behaviour.

Any ideas what I could try next? I have a couple of these machines
running remotely, and not being able to reboot them can sometimes
be a pain.

--
Dan.