Subject: Re: problem with irs and irdaattach i386/1.6
To: None <lennart@augustsson.net>
From: Russell McManus <russell_mcmanus@yahoo.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/13/2002 12:05:41
Lennart Augustsson <lennart@augustsson.net> writes:

> Do you have the /dev/irframe0 device node?

I'm not in front of my i386 machine at the moment, so I can't check in
/dev right now.  I'll check when I get home tonight.

But I suspect that this might be the problem.  What mknod command
should I run to create one if it's not there?

> Do you have IrDA support in the kernel?

I'm using GENERIC_LAPTOP, but I don't have access to the
GENERIC_LAPTOP config file at the moment.  But I strongly suspect that
I do have it compiled into the kernel because irdaattach worked, and
I saw the following in the dmesg output:

  irframe0: SIR
  irframe0 attached at tty00

Thanks for replying, much appreciated,

-russ