Subject: X on Laptops?
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Greg Troutman <mor@linex.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/05/2002 12:59:38
I have a Compaq Contura 420CX with 32Mb Ram.  It installed NetBSD 1.6
via a Lucent/WaveLAN card no problem.  Okay, now I want to run X...
After I run xf86config and select the wd90c24 driver, which the Linux
for Laptops page says is in this little beastie, I run startx and after
getting a brief glimpse of the default X screen, it crashes back out
with this error:

(EE) No OS PCI Support available

What the heck does that mean? Nothing in the config ever references PCI
so I'm stumped.  If anyone has a working XF86Config for this laptop I'd
appreciate it if you could just send it to me.

Thanks!!!