Subject: cbb/pcic not getting an interrupt configured...
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Peter Seebach <seebs@plethora.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/03/2002 03:16:30
So, I'm trying to debug my mom's laptop...  And I still can't get
the @#!$ thing to use etiher cbb or pcic interfaces.  In both cases,
the driver refuses to attach to the device, claiming that the
interrupt is not configured.  (Rather, the pcic just aborts and
says "not configured"; cbb says "unconfigured interrupt".)  I've
tried nearly every combination of the PCIBIOS options, and nothing
happens; no change at all, it just plain doesn't think it has an
interrupt.  Is this extra-tough because cbb/pcic devices need to
do some extra magic to handle interrupts from devices in them or
something?

Anyway, any advice would be appreciated.  Both drivers just plain refuse to
attach, and as such, no pcmcia or cardbus cards can be used - an annoyance at
the best of times.

I can arrange for arbitrarily verbose boot messages, but I think the situation
can be summed up with "VIA chipset, BIOS has no useful settings".  If anyone
else has seen similar problems and eventually beaten them, I'd love to know
about it.

-s