Subject: Re: Serial Port Silo Overflow.
To: Alex Barclay <alex@planet-barclay.com>
From: Frank van der Linden <fvdl@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/01/2002 02:24:09
On Thu, Oct 31, 2002 at 09:33:24AM -0800, Alex Barclay wrote:
> I've started my search. I'm pulling syssrc from cvs going back a month
> at a time. I'll let you know when the problem started. Hopefully I'll be
> able to run single use from the kernels so I won't have to keep getting
> an older userland - I haven't deleted any old libraries for ages so I
> should be OK.

Well, kernels should always be able to run an older userland (for older
versions you'll need the appropriate COMPAT_* options, of course).

Anyway, in the meantime, I reshuffled the interrupt priorities a bit,
favouring serial interrupts more. Maybe you can try an updated
-current kernel and see if things are better now.

For the MP case, the messy issue of having an interrupt that is
> the level blocking scheduler structies needs to be solved more
cleanly. Currently it's worked around by installing a handler
that doesn't take the kernel lock, assuming that it won't
mess with anything. But I guess I'll have to tackle that
in my changes in the intr code.

- Frank

--
Frank van der Linden                                    fvdl@wasabisystems.com