Subject: dual booting windows and netbsd (not a repeat!)
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: None <poff@SDF.LONESTAR.ORG>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/31/2002 19:35:20
wd0 => Windows2k
wd1 => NetBSD

I've read and searched on dual-booting NT(2k) and NetBSD, but the only
thing that seems remotely useful is:

Please note that if you don't have NetBSD on your first disk, you'll have
to recompile the bootblock and install it, before you can run the above
command. (For the recompiling you need some minor tweaking in
/usr/src/sys/arch/i386/boot).

This is exactly what I have to do it seems, so any ideas what *exactly* I
am doing here???

I'm kinda lost :(

Poff

ps. I made my "own" bootblocks, but as netbsd is on the second disk, I
can't apparently use them.

I tried switching the slave and master but then netbsd didn't boot at all,
and I had further complications with the windows booting.

At the moment, I have to boot into bios, tab between booting: "hda0" and
"hda1".

Is there *another* bootloading method to simply switch between the two
hard drives without risking wiping over a whole bunch of important stuff?

poff@sixbit.org