Subject: Re: system hang
To: Germano Cesari <germano.cesari@tesoro.it>
From: Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@netbsd.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/31/2002 10:32:11
There are some problems with vmmon module (i.e. the vmware module).
If space in /tmp runs out, it causes trouble. Also, you are very
likely to make your machine unusable with mfs bigger than amount of
physical RAM AFAIK.

If you use vmware, you need to set TMPDIR to some location with
plenty of space (it needs to store image of the running virtual
machine there, which is easily 100MB). I'd also recommend getting
more memory, 128MB is likely to be too small for reasonable use
with vmware.

Jaromir

--
Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@NetBSD.org>            http://www.NetBSD.org/