Subject: Re: agp error: pci_mem_find: void region: can't map aperture
To: Herb Peyerl <hpeyerl@beer.org>
From: Duncan McEwan <duncan@mcs.vuw.ac.nz>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/31/2002 17:03:18
>  > The system installs and boots fine, but I am unable to get XFree86 4.2.1
>  > working.  I get the error messages
>  >
>  >   (EE) GARTInit: Unable to open /dev/agpgart (Device not configured)
>  >   ...
>
> did you 'cd /dev ; ./MAKEDEV agpgart' ?

The installation of the system apparently did that for me.  At least I
have

ls -l /dev/agp*
crw-r--r--  1 root  wheel  82, 0 Oct 31  2002 /dev/agp0
lrwx------  1 root  wheel      4 Oct 31  2002 /dev/agpgart -> agp0

> That's all I had to do and it 'just worked'.

On a Dell C400, or some other laptop?  If on a Dell, with which version
of NetBSD and XFree86?

And what does your kernel say about agp during the boot - presumably it
doesn't give the "can't map aperture" message that I am seeing?

Duncan