Subject: Upgrade to 1.6 failed (MAP!)
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Eric Delcamp <e.delcamp@wanadoo.fr>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/29/2002 14:31:26
Hi,

I want to upgrade my firewall to NetBSD 1.6, so I pick up a new hard drive,
installed NetBSD 1.6 on it from another computer, configured everything and
tried to boot it on my firewall. I get an error just after the load of
kernel (GENERIC install one), before copyright messages :

MAP!
panic: uvm_page_physload: start >= end

and the machine reboot (please, raise the delay before reboot, it's too
quick to write the message ;-).
This machine work prefectly under 1.5, the new HD work good with 1.5
installed. I will try to build a new kernel for this firewall, but dont know
if that will correct the error. I have tried disabling every cache and
options in BIOS, no success.
The PC is a Digital Venturis 575, pentium 75, 89Mb RAM.