Subject: Re: PCI modems (onboard)
To: Bryan J. Phillippe \(spamblock\) <bryan-spamtrap4@darkforest.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/24/2002 22:25:59
On Thu, 24 Oct 2002, Bryan J. Phillippe (spamblock) wrote:

> ESS Technology Inc product 0x2838 (miscellaneous communications,
> revision 0x01) at pci0 dev 16 function 0 not configured

I don't see the ESSTECH 0x2838 in NetBSD's pcidevs*. It doesn't appear to
be supported.

I do see definitions for it in OpenBSD. But, I don't think it is supported
in OpenBSD (nor FreeBSD) either.

product ESSTECH SUPERLINK       0x2838  ES2838/2839 SuperLink Modem

As for Linux, the ESS Tech website says: "... For resource reason we can
only work with OEM customers to provide Linux support based on requested
build version."

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://bsd.reedmedia.net/