Subject: Re: C runqueue
To: David Laight <david@l8s.co.uk>
From: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/23/2002 13:21:03
On Wed, 23 Oct 2002, David Laight wrote:
#
# On Wed, Oct 23, 2002 at 05:00:37PM +0000, Charles M. Hannum wrote:
# >
# > Anyway, even if it misses every time, I could always put the bit mask
# > in the queue head structure, which we have to bring in anyway.  My
# > patch was meant as an example.
#
# Yes - I did think of that as well!
#
# Actually I bet it really doesn't matter how that code is written,
# it probably isn't executed often enough to make a significant
# difference to system speed, or maybe even process switch speed.

You might want to hedge your bets and give it a try...?

				--*greywolf;
--
NetBSD: My Computer Works!