Subject: Re: Initio SCSI
To: None <hiroshi-n@iname.com>
From: Izumi Tsutsui <tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/20/2002 17:05:03
In article <a05111b00b9d7fdc869e7@[192.168.254.100]>
hiroshi-n@iname.com wrote:

> I recently installed 1.6 from ISO image and it works fine except for
> scsi panic during shutdown. ( though it is not a serious problems as
> it does not destroy anything and never happens until shutdown )
>
> Console shows :
>
> syncing disks... 2 2 done
> sd1(ihal1:0:0:0): polling command not done
> panic: scsipi_execute_xs
> Stopped in pid 197 (halt) cpu_Debugger+0x04: leave
> db>

I got the similar panic on old Compaq Prolinea 466 (with 486DX2-66)
running GENERIC kernel in 1.6-release, but it does not happen
with -current (1.6I). It looks some timing problem, so would you
please try GENERIC_DIAGNOSTIC kernel if you are using GENERIC?

> Is it safe to ignore this for now ?
> ( I did not see this when I was using 1.5-current with Initio scsi support )

Maybe. All file systems seem unmounted before the panic, but not sure.
---
Izumi Tsutsui
tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp