Subject: RE: Repeated Packages
To: Daniel Bolgheroni <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Meurer, Benedikt <benedikt.meurer@student.uni-siegen.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/17/2002 22:03:55

------_=_NextPart_001_01C27618.525A3CD4

> I've got seven images of NetBSD/i386 from ftp.netbsd.org:
>
>- i386cd.iso
>- i386pkg[123456].iso
>
>I was looking the packages in all CDs, and there are some packages
>repetead.
>
>Am I wrong or the CDs contains repeated packages?

You're right, the CDs contain some duplicated packages to easy
the installation of packages that depend on each other. You
might want to have a look at the cdpack package description
and documentation.

HTH, Benedikt

------_=_NextPart_001_01C27618.525A3CD4

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3DWindows-1252">
6.0.6249.1">
<TITLE>RE: Repeated Packages</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<!-- Converted from text/plain format -->

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; I've got seven images of NetBSD/i386 from =
ftp.netbsd.org:<BR>
&gt;<BR>
&gt;- i386cd.iso<BR>
&gt;- i386pkg[123456].iso<BR>
&gt;<BR>
&gt;I was looking the packages in all CDs, and there are some =
packages<BR>
&gt;repetead.<BR>
&gt;<BR>
&gt;Am I wrong or the CDs contains repeated packages?<BR>
<BR>
You're right, the CDs contain some duplicated packages to easy<BR>
the installation of packages that depend on each other. You<BR>
might want to have a look at the cdpack package description<BR>
and documentation.<BR>
<BR>
HTH, Benedikt<BR>
<BR>