Subject: RE: laptop woes
To: jessew <jessew@holly.colostate.edu>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@netbsd.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/16/2002 14:31:19
On Wed, 16 Oct 2002, jessew wrote:

> Yes...  as I realize I forgot to hit reply-all on all the responses, so I sent
> to Peter only instead of the list... oops!
>
> I'm running NetBSD 1.6.  I made a mistake with the numbers.  I've been trying
> the other BSDs as well.  Though NetBSD is the only one I've actually had luck
> with installing and  booting...
>
> So no ideas why putting the laptop to sleep messes everything up?

I'd look into the "special BIOS sleep partition" idea. My laptop uses one.
There was a little DOS utility that the docs mentioned to set it up (for
when you do a custom install). Could be your BIOS doesn't actually check
the MBR but thinks there's one, and writes it, even though the MBR might
say that part of the disk is for NetBSD. :-|

Just a hypothesis.

Take care,

Bill