Subject: Memory Handling Problem in 1.6?
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Christian Hattemer <chris@heaven.riednet.wh.tu-darmstadt.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/06/2002 20:18:08
Hi,

to me this "Apparent FFS problems." thread, the coredumps several people
experienced during installation, my problems with the broken text consoles
when using X, all seem as they could belong to a general problem (memory
handling?) which connects all these issues.
Any thoughts about this?

BTW: Is it true that 1.6 is the first formal release that has UVM? It's
mentioned in the CHANGES file of 1.6, but I have also found mails about UVM
which date back to 1998.

Bye, Chris

--
          __
         /// Amiga 4000T 040/40                    /~\ The ASCII

How many Windows PC owners does it take to change a lightbulb?
Just one, as long as you explain it's Plug'n'Play, they get
confused if it doesn't come with a driver disk...