Subject: Re: lost interrupt
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Hanspeter Roth <hanspeter_roth@hotmail.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/05/2002 00:48:25
  On Oct 01 at 22:45, Manuel Bouyer spoke:

> You may want to try connecting your CD burner to the motherboard's
> controller.

I tried to connect two CD burners in master/slave combination to a
single channel of the controller of the motherboard.
But one CD burners was disturbing the other one.
Thus I can connect one burner to each of the two channels of the
controller of the motherboard. They run in Ultra-DMA mode 2
(Ultra/33).
Then I still have to connect two burners to a Promise controller.
These burners are downgraded to PIO4.

This configuration allows me to burn at 10x speed.
But with 24x two burners stop burning...

-Hanspeter