Subject: Re: trouble booting from tiny installation.
To: Aaron J. Grier <agrier@poofygoof.com>
From: Carrie Jones <carrie@cjones.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/04/2002 13:56:05
many thanks also to Brian Stark and Manuel Bouyer who helped. Now it
begins booting and seems to be going along fine until it gets to here:

(** means kernel output)

**root file system type: ffs
Fri Oct  4 19:44:05 GMT 2002
**UVM: pid 10 (sh), uid 0 killed: out of swap
Killed
**UVM: pid 13 (sh), uid 0 killed: out of swap
Killed
Starting File system checks:
**UVM: pid 15 (sh), uid 0 killed: out of swap
Killed
Unknown error:help!
**UVM: pid 14 (sh), uid 0 killed: out of swap
Killed
**UVM: pid 6 (sh), uid 0 killed: out of swap
**UVM: pid 16 (sh), uid 0 killed: out of swap
Oct  4 19:44:37 init:/bin/sh on /etc/rc terminiated abnormally, going
to single user mode

And then it hangs.  This is a ten finger copy, so please
excuse my fumble fingers. Any ideas?

TIA,

-Carrie