Subject: Re: GRUB, NTFS, and NetBSD
To: Steven Grunza <steven_grunza@ieee.org>
From: Rafal Boni <rafal@attbi.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/04/2002 10:49:48
In message <5.1.0.14.0.20021004095743.00ad9688@pop.netzero.net>, you write:

-> My boot.ini looks nothing like the web page...

I'm running Win2k Pro with an NTFS root disk and here's what my boot.ini
looks like:

<BEGIN boot.ini>
[boot loader]
timeout=30
default=c:\netbsd.bb
[operating systems]
c:\netbsd.bb="NetBSD/i386"
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINNT="Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional" /fastdetect
<END boot.ini>

-> Is your Win2K partition FAT32 or NTFS?  If it is NTFS would you send me
-> your Win2K boot.ini

NTFS, as I said above...

-> I suspect I only get one chance at this before rendering the PC
-> non-bootable... :(

I didn't think anything I did to the boot.ini made my PC unbootable, but
and I think it took a little experimentation, but it's been a while since
I did this, so take that with a grain of salt...

--rafal

----
Rafal Boni                                                     rafal@attbi.com
  We are all worms.  But I do believe I am a glowworm.  -- Winston Churchill