Subject: Re: eap won't work with SB 128PCI
To: Klaus-J. Wolf <kjwolf@nacamar.de>
From: Miguel Mendez <flynn@energyhq.homeip.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/01/2002 11:24:39
On Tue, 01 Oct 2002 10:47:30 +0200
"Klaus-J. Wolf" <kjwolf@nacamar.de> wrote:

Hi,

> I have got an original Soundblaster 128 PCI (Ensoniq) and it is being
> recognized by the eap driver. Unforunately, audioctl doesn't seem to
> be able to make any changes in the card settings - at least, the card
> is still playing mono with some low sample frequency.

Which version of NetBSD are you running? What motherboard/chipset do you
have?

Mine shows as:

eap0 at pci0 dev 20 function 0: Ensoniq AudioPCI 97 (rev. 0x08)
eap0: interrupting at irq 15
eap0: Crystal CS4297A codec; headphone, 20 bit DAC, 18 bit ADC, Crystal
Semi 3D
audio0 at eap0: full duplex, mmap, independent
midi0 at eap0: AudioPCI MIDI UART

I used to have problems with sound for a while, until I moved the card
to another pci slot, then the problems went away. I'm using 1.6 with the
MP patches and works like a charm.

Things I'd do: Check for some weird irq sharing interaction, move the
card to another slot, make sure you're running 1.6 and not an old 1.5.x
release.

Cheers,
--
        Miguel Mendez - flynn@energyhq.homeip.net