Subject: Re: Motherboard Recommendation Summary.
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: MLH <MLH@goathill.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/30/2002 19:26:21
On 28 Sep 2002 14:45:00 -0500, Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 25, 2002 at 06:48:28PM +0000, MLH wrote:
>
>> We are beginning to use MSI 6501 Dual Athlon MP mbs. We have about
>> 120 or so of them and are ordering a bunch more soon, but I've only
>
> I've been curious about this board.
>
> While I prefer workstations, I need to build an AMD machine, and I've been
> wanting a good foolproof setup.  The Intel motherboards are one possibility
> too.

Forgot. NetBSD1.6 doesn't support the AC'97 Audio that's on the
MSI 6501 mbs.  Current may, but I don't know. If you have any other
questions, just ask and I'll try to answer. These boxes seem pretty
foolproof and reasonably inexpensive as long as you get the heat
out of the cpus and out of the box.

I'd be interested in how they compare with the Epox M762A but I
haven't run across anyone with the Epox mb. They seem to be in
about the same ballpark.