Subject: trouble booting from tiny installation.
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Carrie Jones <carrie@cjones.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/29/2002 22:06:23

--1391463333-76627406-1033358783=:420

Hi,

I have a 486 with 8 megs of memory so I used the 1.6 tiny installation.
Nothing seemed really wrong with the actual install, but after I configure
everything get the root password set and try to reboot, my boot selector
says there is no operating system on the disk that I've selected. So I
tried booting from the floppy to the prompt, where I then asked it to boot
the disk (wd1a). It says no such device configured. So then I boot the
floppy all the way through and mount / and /usr. Everything seems fine.
I can get to everything after I mount it, but am not able to boot it. I
have included the disklabel I ran on it and the fdisk. It looked fine to
me, but maybe I'm missing something?

TIA,

-Carrie

--1391463333-76627406-1033358783=:420
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--1391463333-76627406-1033358783=:420

RGlzazogL2Rldi9yd2QxZA0KTmV0QlNEIGRpc2tsYWJlbCBkaXNrIGdlb21l
dHJ5Og0KY3lsaW5kZXJzOiA2NzgwIGhlYWRzOiAxNiBzZWN0b3JzL3RyYWNr
OiA2MyAoMTAwOCBzZWN0b3JzL2N5bGluZGVyKQ0KDQpCSU9TIGRpc2sgZ2Vv
bWV0cnk6DQpjeWxpbmRlcnM6IDEwMjMgaGVhZHM6IDE2IHNlY3RvcnMvdHJh
Y2s6IDYzICgxMDA4IHNlY3RvcnMvY3lsaW5kZXIpDQoNClBhcnRpdGlvbiB0
YWJsZToNCjA6IDxVTlVTRUQ+DQoxOiA8VU5VU0VEPg0KMjogPFVOVVNFRD4N
CjM6IHN5c2lkIDE2OSAoTmV0QlNEKQ0KICAgIHN0YXJ0IDYzLCBzaXplIDEw
MzExMjEgKDUwMyBNQiksIGZsYWcgMHg4MA0KICAgICAgICBiZWc6IGN5bGlu
ZGVyICAgIDAsIGhlYWQgICAxLCBzZWN0b3IgIDENCiAgICAgICAgZW5kOiBj
eWxpbmRlciAxMDIyLCBoZWFkICAxNSwgc2VjdG9yIDYzDQo=
--1391463333-76627406-1033358783=:420--