Subject: None
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: None <stefan@net-tex.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/29/2002 17:08:25
Hello,

I've got big trouble installing 1.6 on my Machine.
It's a AMD K7 1333 with Abit KT7A Raid Borad and 512 MB RAM.
I got 2 HDD, one 20GB drive which actually runs with 1.5.2 and another
Western Digital with 60 GB, which should become my new 1.6 disk.

The drive is recognized by sysinst with a geometry of 1024/240/63
(aren't these the classical 512MB boundaries?) and was set to the
correct 28741/10/255 geom by me manually.
I installed NetBSD on manually created partitions (wd0a reached from
cylinder 0-1020) so I expected no trouble with that.
But after the installation, NetBSD was not able to boot. I got the
bootselector screen with
F4: NetBSD
but when I hit F4 or Enter I just got another line of "F4: NetBSD".

I booted my 1.5.2 with that 60 GB disk as wd1 and took a look at the
partitions, all seemed to be OK, but the netbsd-Kernel was only 1,5 MB
large.
I used installboot to install a new bootstrap and then actualized the
disk with fdisk -B, but I still got the same problem.

Does anyone have any idea what went wrong?

TIA
Stef
--
There is something to be learned from a rainstorm. When meeting with a sudden
shower, you try not to get wet and run quickly along the road. But doing such