Subject: Re: Problem with 1.6 install
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Dan Freeman <idwtrmi@yahoo.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/28/2002 15:47:16
If it helps anyone, I had a segfault on install too.

I was running 1.6_RC1, which I did a clean install of
without any problems.

I used the RC1 boot disks and chose 'Upgrade' and
pointed it towards the 1.6 sets. I chose not to have
the filenames displayed and it segfaulted in man.tgz.

I then had to reboot and copy fstab from etc.old to
etc before I could do anything more.

Then I booted off the disks again and tried an
'Upgrade' *without* man.tgz or misc.tgz. That worked
fine, so I tried it twice more, choosing 'Reinstall
sets' for misc.tgz and then man.tgz. They each
unpacked fine.

Dan