Subject: Re: Motherboard Recommendation Summary.
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Charles Shannon Hendrix <shannon@widomaker.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/28/2002 14:05:28
On Wed, Sep 25, 2002 at 06:48:28PM +0000, MLH wrote:

> We are beginning to use MSI 6501 Dual Athlon MP mbs. We have about
> 120 or so of them and are ordering a bunch more soon, but I've only

I've been curious about this board.

While I prefer workstations, I need to build an AMD machine, and I've been
wanting a good foolproof setup.  The Intel motherboards are one possibility
too.

Another one I've looked at is the Tyan Tiger and Thunder boards.
They are expensive though.  Are they worth the extra money?  If so,
is it because they are more stable, or is is just features?

It's so hard to find motherboard reviews that aren't about how many FPS
they give you in Quake.

--
UNIX/Perl/C/Pizza__________________________________shannon@widomaker.com