Subject: Testers needed: 1.44MB disks vs 2.88 floppy drives
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@netbsd.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/26/2002 14:06:09
Hi,
if you experienced the 'Boot fail' problem with 2.88MB floppy drives
and 1.44MB floppy disk, please try image available at

	ftp://ftp.NetBSD.org/pub/NetBSD/misc/jdolecek/

and let me know if the problem persisted.

The bootcode there contains some experimental code to detect such
situation (1.44 MB floppy disk in 2.88MB drive), and quirk to handle
this. It contains only the bootcode and IBM PS/2 kernel, so don't
expect too much of it.

I'd be interested in any reports of how well that image works
on 2.88MB drives.

Thanks,

Jaromir
--