Subject: Re: Netbsd 1.6 install fail
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Josh Cogliati <jjc@rupert.honors.montana.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/25/2002 19:12:08
On Wed, Sep 25, 2002 at 02:05:21PM +0100, Patrick Welche wrote:
> > Memory 638/31744 k
> > Warning: Can't allocate memory segment 0x100000/0xf00000/0x1 from IOMEM Extent map.
> > Panic: uvm_page_physload: start >= end
>
> Last time I saw something like that, I had a duff simm, so moving/swapping
> them fixed it. You were able to run linux on it fine, I was able to run
> windoze 9x on it fine - presumably trouble happens later..
Probably not since I ran the default tests from memtest86 for about 4 hours
and no errors were found.  Just for reference, I managed to install
netbsd 1.4.2 (I had a cd lying around from a few years back) with no problems.
Still can't get 1.6 to even get to the point where I can start running sysinst.
I will try and check to see if I can get to sysinst with 1.5.3 tomorrow.

Does anyone know what changed between 1.4.2 and 1.6 between when the boot
disks have loaded from the floppy and before the copyright message is printed?
I think this is mainly consinit() if I am reading the source correctly.

Josh Cogliati