Subject: Re: Motherboard Recommendation Summary.
To: Herb Peyerl <hpeyerl@beer.org>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@weird.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/25/2002 11:42:26
[ On Wednesday, September 25, 2002 at 06:33:31 (-0600), Herb Peyerl wrote: ]
> Subject: Motherboard Recommendation Summary.
>
> I received 6 requests to summarize back to the mailing list, my initial
> request for dual-cpu motherboard recommendations.
>
> My summary is:
>
> I received no recommendations.

I would have recommended the Intel STL-2 as a good motherboard in
general, though without specific knowlege of its SMP abilities under
NetBSD (it does have hardware support for two processors, and they work
very well together under FreeBSD), but because it has an AIC-7899
on-board, and until NetBSD is updated with a re-port of the FreeBSD AHC
driver, using it would mean the main Ultra160 LVD SCSI channel is
unusable with NetBSD with more than one Ultra160 target on the bus.

--
								Greg A. Woods