Subject: fetchmail launch crashes 1.6
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: George E Sollish <gsollish@autogear.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/24/2002 09:01:51
Per the recommendation that 1.4 boxes be upgraded, I brought my 755C
ThinkPad -- happily running 1.4.2 since the dawn of time -- up to 1.6.
The install was successful and no errors were encountered while tweaking
/etc, but the moment I fetchmail the system crashes.  The first time,
after downloading mail from my remote ISP began, the reboot was
spontaneous -- no warning or error message.  The second time, it kicked
into debug with the following:

uvm_fault(0xc40a48d0, 0x80808000, 0, 1) -> e
kernel: pagefault trap, code=0
stopped in pid 166(lpd) at 0x80808000: invalid address

I'm running a GENERIC kernel, not the laptop kernel, as I've never run
anything else on this box -- if this is important.  Any ideas?

George E Sollish	Auto Gear Equipment