Subject: Re: Problem with 1.6 install
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Ryo HAYASAKA <ryoh@jaist.ac.jp>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/20/2002 20:32:37
In message <200209191939.g8JJdGw06548@s102-n054.tele2.cz>,
Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@netbsd.org> wrote:

> >  > I've also experienced this segfault issue installing both 1.6
> >  > and current into a VMWare virtual machine.  It seems to be
> >  > occurring on man.tgz for me.  However 1.5.3 will still install
> >  > without a problem.

I have also experienced this on my i386 note pc, and this is 100%
reproduceable.

> >  > This is very concerning, since I *hope* my virtual machine
> >  >doesn't have faulty virtual hardware :)
> FWIW, I've also tried install 1.6 inside vmware, and seemed to go Just Fine,
> no problems whatsoever.

You did not see the extraction process, do you?

From my experiments, if you answer "No" to the question

"During the extraction process, do you want to see the file names as
each file is extracted?"

then you will not get the segmentation fault.

--
Ryo HAYASAKA <ryoh@jaist.ac.jp> http://www.jaist.ac.jp/%7Eryoh/
Japan Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (JAIST)