Subject: LM driver for W83627HF
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: MLH <MLH@goathill.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/19/2002 23:43:14
(from netbsd.tech.smp - the bios reports significantly different
temperatures than the lm driver)

On 9 Sep 2002 20:57:18 GMT, MLH wrote:
> The only problems I have had with these are that the LM driver
> incorrectly calculates the cpu temperatures (port-i386/18205)

A bit of info on this:

We located a winbond-based driver for Solaris86 called 'health'
(apparently based on a Linux driver of the same name)

Author:
Philip Brown   phil@bolthole.com      http://www.bolthole.com/solaris/

This is a driver to support the WinBond "w83781d" family of enviromental
monitor chips, on Solaris x86.
Chips specifically known to work:
  winbond w83781d,  w83782d

This driver produces temperature readings that agree with the MB's
BIOS temperature readings, However, the chip on the MB is labelled
'W83627HF'. If I read correctly, syssrc/sys/dev/ic/nslm7x.c indicates
that the W83627HF temperature measurements are handled differently
than the W83781D, but that the W83782D is handled the same as the
W83627HF.

If the NetBSD lm driver is correct about this, then 'health' and
the mb bios readings are incorrect.

Who is correct :^)

(I suspect the bios is correct, but haven't been able yet to further
qualify).