Subject: serial consoles and BIOS console redirection
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Eric Schnoebelen <eric@cirr.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/19/2002 14:53:52
Greetings,

	I'm trying to understand why NetBSD chooses COM2: as the
console any time I attempt to turn on the BIOS ``console
redirection'', and set it at COM1:

	If I use the ``normal'' boot blocks, I'll get the boot
loader's output on the BIOS console, but then the kernels output
is never seen.

	Using the ``serial'' boot blocks, all of the BIOS output
goes to COM1:, and then the boot blocks (and the kernel) output
everything to COM2:.

	Is there any way to convince everything to share the
same console port?  I hate the idea of having to use two
terminal server ports to manage one box.

	Thanks,
		Eric

--
Eric Schnoebelen		eric@cirr.com		http://www.cirr.com
	I like pigs.  Dogs look up to us.  Cats look down on us.  Pigs