Subject: 1.6 Console Probs with X (was Re: Backspace vs Delete on Console in 1.5.3)
To: Jonathan Perkin <sketch@rd.bbc.co.uk>
From: Christian Hattemer <chris@heaven.riednet.wh.tu-darmstadt.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/19/2002 01:59:23
Hello Jonathan,

On 17-Sep-02, you wrote:

> Now to find out why my fresh netbsd-1-6-release install corrupts the
> console after running X... :-)

Hm, I've installed 1.6 now, and the problem happens here too.
Dunno why, at least you are not alone... :-)

This is also a fresh installation (wanted to do the newfs anyway to enable
the rest of the new FFS optimizations).
1.5.3 with an XF 4.x (4.1.0? Don't remeber exactly) has worked fine on this
same machine. Graphics card is an ATI Radeon 7200.

Any ideas? Logfiles are available on request.

Bye, Chris

--
          __
         /// Amiga 4000T 040/40                    /~\ The ASCII

"It would appear that we have reached the limits of what it is possible
 to achieve with computer technology, although one should be careful
 with such statements, as they tend to sound pretty silly in 5 years."
(John von Neumann, ca. 1949)