Subject: Re: Backspace vs Delete on Console in 1.5.3
To: Christian Hattemer <chris@heaven.riednet.wh.tu-darmstadt.de>
From: Jonathan Perkin <sketch@rd.bbc.co.uk>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/17/2002 19:57:00
On Tue, Sep 17, 2002 at 02:48:18PM +0200, Christian Hattemer wrote:

> On 17-Sep-02 Jonathan Perkin wrote:
>
> > Ok, final question on the matter (after consulting American National
> > Standard X3.4-1977 and reading debian policy I've standardised (as
> > much as possible) on ^? for <-- and \e[3~ for Delete) - how does one
> > use wsconsctl to send a certain sequence rather than remapping to a
> > single key function?  I want KS_Delete to send ESC [ 3 ~.
>
> IIRC KS_KP_Delete will produce this sequence.
>
> So you have to change KS_Delete to KS_KP_Delete, either in the kernel
> or with wsconsctl. The wsconsctl line should be something like that:
>
> wsconsctl -w map+='keycode 211 = KP_Delete'

Yay, that works a treat.  I've created a custom a file and chucked it in
/usr/share/pixmaps/pckbd.uk.qwerty loaded via wscons.conf.  Thanks.

Now to find out why my fresh netbsd-1-6-release install corrupts the
console after running X... :-)

--
Jonathan Perkin - BBC Internet Services - http://support.bbc.co.uk/
    Please check email headers for any relevant contact details