Subject: Re: Backspace vs Delete on Console in 1.5.3
To: Jonathan Perkin <sketch@rd.bbc.co.uk>
From: Christian Hattemer <chris@heaven.riednet.wh.tu-darmstadt.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/17/2002 14:48:18
On 17-Sep-02 Jonathan Perkin wrote:

> Ok, final question on the matter (after consulting American National
> Standard X3.4-1977 and reading debian policy I've standardised (as much
> as possible) on ^? for <-- and \e[3~ for Delete) - how does one use
> wsconsctl to send a certain sequence rather than remapping to a single
> key function?  I want KS_Delete to send ESC [ 3 ~.

IIRC KS_KP_Delete will produce this sequence.

So you have to change KS_Delete to KS_KP_Delete, either in the kernel or
with wsconsctl. The wsconsctl line should be something like that:

wsconsctl -w map+='keycode 211 = KP_Delete'

But I'm not sure and haven't tried.

If that doesn't produce the sequence you want, you'll probably have to
change it in one of the wsemul_* files in /sys/dev/wscons, depending on what
emulation you use.

Bye, Chris

--
          __
         /// Amiga 4000T 040/40                    /~\ The ASCII

Error #0193: You can't put a CD-ROM into your floppy drive,
             even if you fold it twice!