Subject: Re: Backspace vs Delete on Console in 1.5.3
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Jonathan Perkin <sketch@rd.bbc.co.uk>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/17/2002 00:43:25
On Fri, Sep 06, 2002 at 02:00:17PM +0200, Christian Hattemer wrote:

> To make the backspace key send ^H change KS_Delete to KS_BackSpace in
> keycode 14. You can also do this with wsconsctl without changing the kernel,
> for the details have a look at the excellent mail on this subject a few days
> ago by Greg A. Woods.

Ok, final question on the matter (after consulting American National
Standard X3.4-1977 and reading debian policy I've standardised (as much
as possible) on ^? for <-- and \e[3~ for Delete) - how does one use
wsconsctl to send a certain sequence rather than remapping to a single
key function?  I want KS_Delete to send ESC [ 3 ~.

batfink# wsconsctl -w map+="keysym Delete = Escape bracketleft 3 asciitilde"
wsconsctl: parse: syntax error

Or maybe wsconsctl is the wrong place to be looking...

--
Jonathan Perkin - BBC Internet Services - http://support.bbc.co.uk/
    Please check email headers for any relevant contact details