Subject: Re: HD > 8GB
To: <>
From: David Laight <david@l8s.co.uk>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/16/2002 10:09:08
> The kernels are built "config netbsd root on wd0e type ffs";
> if I have to to boot netbsdGEN (which is GENERIC), I just need to
> remember to use -a so I have a chance to tell it where to find /.

Would it be useful for the boot program to be able to use a
different partition id for 'the location of the kernel' and
'the location of the root filesystem'.

Currently when you type:
	boot hd0a:netbsd
the '0a' is used both.
(the problem is finding a suitable command syntax!)

This would be particularly useful if I also make the boot code
read commands from (say) /stand/bootcmd.
(before and/or after looking for interactive commands)

	David

--
David Laight: david@l8s.co.uk