Subject: Re: dual harddrive
To: Samantha <ssamuel@taz.cs.wcupa.edu>
From: Frank van der Linden <fvdl@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/11/2002 22:12:24
On Wed, Sep 11, 2002 at 04:04:51PM -0400, Samantha wrote:
> http://www.mclink.it/personal/MG2508/nbsdeng/chap-misc.html#AEN5421
>
> its on a i386 and its a ide hd. I added this into my fstab to have the
> drive mount the partitions automatically
>
> /dev/wd1c /home ffs rw 1 2
> /dev/wd1h /xtra ffs rw 1 2
>
> (I just copied from the default line which was:
> /dev/wd0e /usr ffs rw 1 2)
>
> Now when I reboot, I always get this msg:
> /dev/wd1h: file system not clean (fs_clean=4); please fsck(8)

You can't use partition 'c' on NetBSD/i386. Partition c is the whole
NetBSD part of the disk (i.e. it's equal to the MBR/fdisk partition
allocated for NetBSD), and d is the the entire physical disk.

You'll need to repartition the drive and not use c or d for actual
filesystems.

- Frank

--
Frank van der Linden                                    fvdl@wasabisystems.com