Subject: Re: dual harddrive
To: Samantha <ssamuel@taz.cs.wcupa.edu>
From: Chris Lloyd <strawberry@toth.org.uk>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/11/2002 21:13:25
On Wed, Sep 11, 2002 at 04:04:51PM -0400, Samantha wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I just added a second harddrive by following instructions here:
> http://www.mclink.it/personal/MG2508/nbsdeng/chap-misc.html#AEN5421
>
> its on a i386 and its a ide hd. I added this into my fstab to have the
> drive mount the partitions automatically

I don't think you can use wd1c and wd1h in this way as wd1c represents the
entire netbsd partition (I can't tell exactly what's going on without
seeing the disklabel, but I imagine that wd1h is using up some of the same
space as wd1c). So you should use any partition value except for c (and d).

What *might* be going on is that netbsd starts up, mounts wd1c, marks it dirty,
tries to mount wd1h, finds that it is dirty, gets confused and says
that wd1h is dirty (which it is, really). fsck then gets rid of the dirty flag
but netbsd puts it back when you start up again :)

 - Chris

--
strawberry@toth.org.uk
http://www.toth.org.uk/~strawberry