Subject: Re: Support for 3ware Escalade 7000 series on 1.5 or 1.6? (xs4)
To: Thor Lancelot Simon <tls@rek.tjls.com>
From: Rogier Krieger <rogier@virgiel.nl>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/06/2002 17:47:52
Hi there Thor,

>We have 6410 and 7850 controllers in various NetBSD project
>machines, such as the FTP and AnonCVS servers.  They seem to work
>fine, so long as you have good disks *and cables*

Thanks for the swift reply. Also thanks for the heads-up on the
cables. I'll be sure to check if they're set-up properly. I suppose
folding them orderly and neatly should work fine. The machine should
have enough space for it.

I suspect support for the 7850 would also mean that the 7000-2 (7210)
will work? As far as 3ware's website tells me, the *BSD drivers do
not allow for any sort of management, but for that I suppose a linux
or wintel bootflop would work.

Thanks,

RK

--
If you don't know where you're going, any road will get you there.