Subject: Re: Backspace vs Delete on Console in 1.5.3
To: Jonathan Perkin <sketch@rd.bbc.co.uk>
From: Christian Hattemer <chris@heaven.riednet.wh.tu-darmstadt.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/06/2002 14:00:17
On 06-Sep-02 Jonathan Perkin wrote:

> o wskbdmap_mfii.c has KS_Delete for both keychar 14 and 211.  I
>   presume these correspond to backspace and delete respectively, in
>   which case is there not a KS_BackSpace?

To make the backspace key send ^H change KS_Delete to KS_BackSpace in
keycode 14. You can also do this with wsconsctl without changing the kernel,
for the details have a look at the excellent mail on this subject a few days
ago by Greg A. Woods.

Don't forget to put the stty erase '^H' in your shell startup file.

Bye, Chris

--
          __
         /// Amiga 4000T 040/40                    /~\ The ASCII

It's not a bug. It's a feature.