Subject: Re: panic during chrooted build of emulators/peace
To: Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@netbsd.org>
From: Andreas Wrede <andreas@planix.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/01/2002 19:02:34
On Sun, 1 Sep 2002, Jaromir Dolecek wrote:

> Andreas Wrede wrote:
> > On Sat, 31 Aug 2002, Jaromir Dolecek wrote:
> >
> > > What is /netbsd is chrooted environ? 1.5 kernel?
> >
> > No.  -current from Aug 25th sources. It's a copy of the running
> > kernel.
>
> Hmm, I see. What about /usr/lkm in the chrooted tree, is it
> compiled from same Aug 25th sources?

Yes. The chrooted tree was installed with 'make distribution
DESTDIR=/m5/sandbox' from the same source/obj tree as the running
system. The only new file in {chrooted}/usr/lkm is 'compat_pecoff'
from the pkgsrc build of emulator/peace. BTW, the 'make install' in
pkgsrc/emulators/peace works fine in the non-chrooted environment. I
only get the panic in the chrooted setup.

--
    - aew