Subject: Having more than one console
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Samantha <ssamuel@taz.cs.wcupa.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 08/30/2002 17:28:21
Hello all,

I am pretty new to netbsd. I just got netbsd 1.5.3 up, and I was trying to
get more than one login screen on console, and my system froze. I hadn't
gotten around to running sshd, so I couldn't login remotely to kill
whatever was making it freeze.

Before the freeze however, I had changed /etc/wscons.conf and added two
more screens (screen 7 and screen 8) thinking that the next time on reboot
I would have more screens to login. The next reboot brought me only one
login prompt, even though in rc.conf I have rc_configured=YES

Did I do something wrong? (I just removed the two lines from wscons.conf
and rebooted again - I am not sure what service to stop and restart
instead of reboot) How can I fix it?

Thanks for your help :)

 --
Samantha