Subject: Re: Ripping CDs with an old player
To: Ryan M. McConahy <rm@m-net.arbornet.org>
From: Jolan Luff <jolan@cryptonomicon.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 08/27/2002 10:23:27
On Tue, Aug 27, 2002 at 02:15:26PM +0000, Ryan M. McConahy wrote:
> Hello! I'm running NetBSD 1.5.3, and I want to rip some CDs. The only problem
> is that my player doesn't have digital ripping capability or whatever is

You don't need anything special.  As long as it can play audio cd's,
and the tracks can be copied.

> normally needed. None of the ripping programs that I've tried work with it.
> Can I rip CDs anyways, somehow (maybe with sox)?

The best program to do this is cdparanoia.  Unfortunately, the
version in pkgsrc doesn't seem fully functional.  If you revert to
9.7p2, it should work fine using atapiscsi emulation (I'm assuming
you have an IDE cd-drive).

- Jolan