Subject: Re: Maxtor 160GB disks and their controllers?
To: Brian Buhrow <buhrow@lothlorien.nfbcal.org>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 08/20/2002 22:23:17
On Sun, Aug 11, 2002 at 09:36:18AM -0700, Brian Buhrow wrote:
> 	Hello folks.  I'm thinking of purchasing the Maxtor 160GB IDE disks
> to put on a new system I'm building.  I know NetBSD can support the new
> ATA4 commands to address the additional space, but I'm not sure if the
> PCIIDE driver can support the Maxtor UDMA133 capable controller in UDMA133
> mode.  Does anyone know if this controller is supported, and, if not, are
> there any UDMA133 controllers which are supported?

No UDMA133 capable controller are supported in UDMA133 yet, although
most of them are supported at UDMA100. I don't know about the
maxtor, do you know which chip is uses ?

For UDMA133 support: it's mostly a matter of getting hardware to test, or
getting some peoples with hardware who can test patches for me (although access
to programming information is not trivial for all controllers).

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>