Subject: Panic with USB KVM and 1.5.2
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Steven Grunza <steven_grunza@ieee.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/30/2002 15:05:03
I'm running 1.5.2 on an older PC (200 MHz Pentium).  The BIOS doesn't
recognize the USB keyboard I have attached through a KVM switch but NetBSD
finds and uses it with a "keyboard" command in the /etc/wscons.conf file

My problem is when I switch to the other system on the KVM switch NetBSD
panics.

I read in the man pages that if the console device is not present a panic
will occur; however, I've actually got two console keyboards, one is the
PS/2 port (that doesn't have a keyboard plugged in) and the other is
through the KVM switch.

Has anyone run NetBSD on port-i386 through a USB KVM switch?  If so,
how?  Did you use xdm to come up in X11?

--
"If I had all the money in the world,   Steven Grunza
  I wouldn't have it for long."          voice: (856) 787 - 2759