Subject: Re: 1.6beta build problem
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/23/2002 22:47:39
>> I keep getting this

>> /tmp/16/src/tools/obj/tools.NetBSD-1.6_BETA4-i386/lib/gcc-lib/i386--netbsdelf/2.95.3/cc1obj:
>> Undefined PLT symbol "__times13" (reloc type = 7, symnum = 72)

> Looks like something got out of sync between your includes and libs
> on your system.

"What Manuel said".  See my recent message to port-sparc64, subject
"more build funzies" (check the archives if necessary); I saw
brokenness on sparc64 due to just that, mismatched includes and libs.

> Are you building with destdir=/ ?

I submit that if building on top of the running system doesn't work
(for "small" version jumps, FSVO "small"), something is fairly
critically broken.  ISTM that the new includes shouldn't be installed
over the system includes until all necessary tools-to-rebuild have been
(re)compiled.  If naught else, it used to work, even for fairly large
version jumps.

But then, what do I know anyway.  My opinion is known to differ from
NetBSD's on other important points; this may be another.

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign