Subject: Re: Deaf modem
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: jehova villa martinez <thornadox@hotmail.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/16/2002 20:06:43
El Mar 16 Jul 2002 09:37, wrote:
>| how can i activate tty02 (configure).
>| once configured i will be already to test it
>
>   If it says while booting
>
>com3 at isa0 port 0x2e8-0x2ef irq 12: ns16550a, working
>fifo
>
>   or something like it, then it's "configured". If it
>says
>
>com3 at blabla: not configured
>
>   then you need to modify your kernel to include that
>device.
>
>	mjl
boot messages (from dmesg) says that i don't have any
device  or piece of hardware not configured , but...Theres
a misconfiguration here, modem works for cu -p modem
but do not works  for CHAT PROGRAM i mean, all we here that
are on this thread (deaf modem), can see  that scripts and
related files are fine included chat script, then if there
is no problem on these items when chat program send
strings to modem, why modem can't hear them? are we missing
something?  two weeks searching investigating, reading a lot,
about setup pppd and ISP connection by phone, setup ppp
connection first on linux later on freebsd and now on netbsd
seems to me very familiar and more easy task, but
is so clear that i ' m missing something very important
on netbsd, any silently reader knows what we are ignoring.
an open source OS without internet is like somebody
without arms or legs, net is a very important extension
of all us.

is there  a more specific place  for find  netbsd /dev/  related questions?
--
Jehova.

MSN Fotos: la forma más fácil de compartir e imprimir fotos.
http://photos.msn.es/support/worldwide.aspx